Saturday 30 August 2014

Journeying Through Dota 2 #1


Day 44: (1062 hours)


I think it's about time I put all this time and effort for dota into something productive. 

Stuck around 2.3k MMR I contemplate my way to be able to win any game as I suffer from another losing streak. After months of on and off play, is this really what I have come to? It doesn't help that I haven't played properly for a while, Dota is a difficult game to master at the best of times. You definitely get rusty quickly if you take a break. Perhaps it is my inability to play the same heroes well consecutively, maybe the fact that my teammates let me down, or could be because I cannot however hard I try last hit well early game.

All these things matter in a game of Dota, along with many others. Despite my inability to progress above what some may describe on Dota 2 reddit as 'ELO Hell' I am fortunate in knowing a few of these key things if I am not myself able to implement them into my game. 

Had a great time with tidehunter, he's a very strong hero in the game at the moment; hard to kill unless you have a lot of burst damage and with a devastating area of effect stun. Played two games and did well, won and lost though.

Tidehunter - Copyright Valve


Currently looking for the next captain's mode/captain's draft ranked game. I find that in ranked, all pick at this level is a little more toxic and so I've decided to avoid it. However, this means I have to rely on a pub captain. To be fair, I consider myself a decent dota theorist when not under pressure. I draft okay, but the pressure of having a time limit often means that I don't perfectly judge the situation, which is strange because pressure usually doesn't affect me so much.

...Sometime later...

Perhaps after another loss, I should go back to watching the pros...

No comments:

Post a Comment