Monday 25 August 2014

Welcome to My Gaming Blog.

Hi there, strange internet traveller.


You have found yourself to the first post of my blog. This blog is being set up with the intention of becoming somewhere for me to express my opinions, share my experiences and critique not only myself but games. Let me introduce myself and what this blog is about currently and hopefully going to be about.

A little bit about me: I have been gaming heavily for over 10 years now, and I plan to carry on with that forever more. Currently studying Ancient and Medieval history at university, it has always been my dream to somehow stay connected to games throughout my life. Recently, especially with the rise of such things as esports, the option of moving into gaming journalism has become very attractive to me. As such, being a teenager on the brink of leaving that label behind, I feel it is time to start bringing my thoughts and talents (maybe wishful thinking) into a cohesive centre. Oh by the way my name is Richard and I'm from the UK.

I hope that in the future I can look back on this and think that this is what helped me to kick start my career into the unknown world of gaming journalism. I must admit, at this time I am quite a novice. While having written a few reviews and had positive feedback from them, I know that there is a lot of experience still to be gathered and many many skills to learn if not perfect. I wish to bring anyone who wants to gaze into the depths of my blog a (small) portfolio of gaming, which can not only enlighten them as to my opinions on certain things, but also showcase the love I have for the area. I do not play the greatest breadth of games, I am susceptible to bias and I play Dota 2 over League of Legends (I wonder how relevant this will be when [if] I become successful).

At the moment, I plan to write some blog posts on things I love and enjoy, writing at a casual pace and hopefully entertaining a few passers by. I will post some of my old reviews (apologies for anything thats untidy, they are being copied in from a website using different formatting) to bulk up the amount of posts I start with and from then on I suppose the sky's the limit. So here goes...


Welcome to my gaming blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment